Update Notes for this
May 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM PST
1. Shop drawings and line drawings will be drawn in Hidden Line or Wire Line mode. If it is required to straighten out angled lines, then use the Finish button.
2. Extending drawer fronts and drawer boxes over left or right sections, in the case of drawer banks, has been changed to include the top drawer only. See the Extend Designated Parts box at the Cabinet Editor.
3. Use of the -100 rule for finished end overlaps onto backs placed at the rear of cabinets was under some setups directed in reverse. This has been resolved in this version.
4. Under some circumstances, a dado cut on a cabinet with unique material assignments was not machined to the proper width. This has been resolved with this version.
5. Various CNC Machining for profile and dado cuts have been re-implemented since the previous optimizer was replaced.
6. CNC Users: Make sure you press the “Reset Library” button at the bottom of the Smart CNC Rules screen This is a required operation to be done prior to processing a job.
7. Machining per part viewed from the Cabinet Editor has been improved. To view machining for a given part, access the Parameter Editor (Parameters by Selection) and then highlight a part. You will see a new command button appear titled, “View Machining”.
8. A new machining operation has been added to the CNC Machining Library: The Pocket Cut. This operation is designed to machine drilled and dadoed pockets for various fastening hardware.
9. Because of the new machining operation mentioned in #3 above, the Pocket Option will be checked in some of your drawer guide holes. These checks need to be removed unless you are setting up a drawer guide to cut Lockdowels (pockets) as well as drill holes. So check your drawer guide holes and uncheck the Pocket option for each hole to be drilled.
10. New repetitive machining has been added to the Smart CNC Rules. This feature will be made visible when creating a Smart Rule for ends or vertical partitions.
11. Alternatively, Repetitive machining may be set up at the Pocket and Dowel Placement category of the CNC General Options screen.
12. The “Mirror” option at the Smart CNC Rules screen has been eliminated. When setting up a Smart Rule for adjustable shelves, two columns of holes will automatically be made.
13. A Video Tutorial that describes the setup of the new machining operation, Pocket, is coming. May 17.
14. A Video Tutorial that describes the use of the Pocket and Dowel Placement is coming May 17.
15. Each machining operation at the CNC Machining Library may now be assigned a color.
Click here for a comparison study of Cabinet Pro